A detailed plan is necessary for a flawless house move. With clear organization you will not have to worry about a house move. You can save yourself from the stress of losing goods, damage to goods and having to make many trips to complete the process.
Here are tips to organize a house move:
- Dismantle furniture: Moving furniture as a whole can be cumbersome. For this reason ensure that you dismantle furniture in advance for example beds and seats. This is the only way you can save on space in the truck.
- Rubbish and Waste: We all have stuff that we may want to get rid of as it is waste or can be recycled. You can deal with this yourself or get a reputable company to help you out. You can perform a search online by typing in something like rubbish removal company near me or be more exact with your location.
- Get enough tape and straps for fastening: This is essential to properly secure boxes and fasten furniture frames on the moving truck. Otherwise there can be damage to your goods if they move about while on transit.
- Get stickers for labeling boxes: Clearly label which box contains what items. Make every box stand out so that you don’t get mixed up. It is easier to unpack labeled boxes when you get to your destination.
- Schedule with your moving company: Find out what time they are available for the move. Go for pickup and delivery time that sit in well with your availability.
- Survival box: It is important to pack essentials you will need immediately you get to your new home. Upon arrival to a new home one is usually too exhausted to unpack every item; unpacking can be left for the next day if you packed a survival box. A survival box can contain food, blankets and pillows.
An in-depth moving plan enables you to move efficiently and affordably. A moving company or man and van for hire company cannot overcharge you if you have planned, packed and laid out everything you need.