The nightclub which is located at 30 Pier Avenue at the Hermosa Beach California is called the lighthouse cafe. It started in the year 1949, which they have not only jazz music but also different type of genre like reggae and rock.
The lighthouse café is called initially as “Verpilates” in the year 1934 but change on its present name when it was sold in 1940. On May 29, 1949, they began to introduce jazz music for trial in every Sundays of the week. The experiment was a success, and most customers came in. Since then; they added visiting groups to perform, and one of those is Lighthouse All-stars. They become the most requested group in the club. Lighthouse also became the most important venue for recordings and also for movies. Since then, lighthouse café is continuous to be known in the country.
- Chet Baker – an American trumpeter and vocalist
- Gerry Mulligan- an American saxophonist, composer, clarinetist, and arranger.
- Miles Davis- an American composer, band leader, and Jazz trumpeter.
- Bob Cooper – he played a tenor saxophone.
- Stan Levey – he played the drums.
- Conte Candoli – he played the trumpet.
If you are planning to come and enjoy the jazz ambiance of the lighthouse café, they have a series of schedule that you must check on.
- Monday until Friday – they are open from 5 pm to 2 am
- Saturday to Sunday – they are open at 11 am- 2 am for breakfast and live music all day long.
- They welcome all ages
-Monday-Friday 5 pm at 8:30 pm
-Saturday at11am-8:30 pm
-Sunday at11am-8:30 pm
- Their kitchen opens up until one at every night of the week.
Come and enjoy in the world famous jazz café at Lighthouse café. Enjoy their live jazz brunch every Saturday and Sunday. For more queries, visit their website and check out their calendar for live music and happy hour.